GENViewer for Legacy
GENViewer for Legacy is a remarkable add-on program that works directly with your Legacy family file or with GEDCOM files created by other genealogy applications. With GENViewer's powerful File Search capabilities, you can simultaneously search multiple files for individuals or find that critical piece of information you need.
Simply select your search criteria and click Find. GENViewer will look for the information in every Legacy family file, PAF or GEDCOM on your hard drive or data folder! No more examining files one a time! This labor-saving feature is enough to make GENViewer a great value; but hold on -- there's more!
GENViewer's intuitive, easy-to-use interfaces provide nine different views of your genealogy information: General, Individual, Family, Pedigree, Descendants, List, Highlighted, Islands, and Sources. Your information is just one click away.
Most views of your data can be copied to the clipboard with just a click of the mouse. You can then paste the family information right into an e-mail message, word processing document or another application! Reports can also be created in HTML and PDF format!
GENViewer is an incredible tool for analyzing your family information. Use GENViewer's highlighting tool to make information stand out in each of the views of your data. There are about 100 easy-to-use highlighting options. It's amazing what you can see using this highlighting tool.
And there's still more! You can also use GENViewer's Internet search to find information about your family on the Web. GENViewer's searches are a perfect compliment to the Internet searches done by Legacy. Why buy expensive CD's when much of that information is already available free at regularly updated Web sites? (No more gimmicky, out-of-date CD's!) When you find a Web page with information just right click on it and select Print from the popup menu!
GENViewer can create a self-viewing executable from a GEDCOM file that will display your genealogical information when run. This file can be e-mailed as an attachment or placed on a Web site for downloading. This special file can also be saved to floppy, zip disk or flash drive or burned to CD and run on any Windows computer. The special file will not expire and can be viewed as many times as wanted. This special version of GENViewer is NOT installed on the viewing computer. No information is left on the computer when finished viewing the information. This is a truly unique and efficient way to share your genealogy with people who don't own a genealogy program but who have a computer.
Use GENViewer to quickly examine and clean up all of those GEDCOM files that are cluttering your computer. Its speed and versatility makes it ideal for previewing GEDCOM files before taking the time and effort of importing them into Legacy. GENViewer's speed ranges from 10,000 to 20,000 individuals per second on some computers. GENViewer has been tested reading a GEDCOM file containing 1.3 million individuals and 500,000 families: it took about two minutes to load! (The limit for a GEDCOM file is 2 GB.)
GENViewer also prints the following reports and charts:
Because GENViewer uses existing Legacy files and GEDCOMs, it doesn't create extra files that fill up your hard drive. This is a great space-saving feature. Furthermore, GENViewer is a read only application: it doesn't change or modify any files so users don't have to worry about changing any information.
GENViewer for Legacy features include:
· File Search lets users search multiple files with one search.
· Advanced Find allows users to type search text and then search the family file.
· Sort names, ages, places, etc. by column with the click of a button
· Calculate age based on Christening and/or Burial dates option.
· Children/Sibling lists are sorted by birth date.
· Find 'Islands" (separate trees).
· Popup information for Family and Pedigree Tabs.
· Support for Legacy, PAF and GEDCOM files.
· Create reports in HTML or PDF formats!
· Self-Viewing GEDCOM feature allows you to create an executable consisting of GENViewer and your GEDCOM file. This executable can then be sent to family members or other genealogy researchers.
· Print out genealogy reports.
· Highlight individuals easily with about 100 options.
· Find individuals who are missing LDS ordinances.
· Create a self-viewing executable from a GEDCOM file that will display your genealogical information.
15-Day Free Trial:
GENViewer for Legacy is a product of MudCreek Software. You may use GENViewer on a free 15-day trial basis, after which you must purchase the program to continue using it. Product support and free program updates are available to paid/registered users. Click here to download GENViewer or its update files.
· Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP - GENViewer is a 32-bit program.
· 5 MB of hard drive space is required for the application and data files. More free space is required while viewing genealogy files. The size of free space requires depends on the size of the genealogy file. No files are left on your computer after exiting GENViewer.
· For Internet searching, Internet Explorer 4.01 or greater must be installed on your computer.