Error 91 during backup
This has been discussed many times on the Legacy User Group and our technical support staff has worked with users who get this error frequently. So far we have not been able to duplicate the error on our computers and do not know its cause and solution. If Legacy has any difficulty creating a backup file, try these steps:
1. Users have reported that they can successfully backup from any tab EXCEPT the Family tab. They get error-free backups from the Legacy Home, Pedigree, Descendant, Chronology and Index tabs.
2. Some Legacy users have reported that check marking only Legacy family file (data) allows them to backup without error 91.
3. Reset Legacy’s temporary folder by clicking on Options on the menu bar, then select Customize and click the Locations tab. Next, click the Reset button for the 'Location of Temporary Files'.
4. With Legacy closed, delete the Backup.USR (backup settings) file from the Legacy folder on your hard drive. This file will be re-created to its default settings when you restart Legacy.
5. Re-install Legacy Family Tree 7.5 from the following free link: http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadNewLegacy7Deluxe.asp. Don't uninstall, just run the installation over your existing program.
6. Work-around: For users of Windows XP and higher, open the Data folder, then right-click on your family file and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder on the popup menu. The backup file is then created in the Data folder.
7. Work-around: Use WinZip. This program can be downloaded free by visiting www.WinZip.com