• 'Could not communicate to the network server' or 'Could not retrieve
update information from the Internet'
If you get a message that says, 'Could not communicate to the network server'
or 'Could not retrieve update information from the internet' do the following:
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus program.
- In your firewall software give Legacy permission :
Norton Internet Security users go to Internet
Security and select Personal Firewall. There are options for
permitting programs. Find Legacy on the list and click Permit.
users, select Firewall
on the left of the Zone Alarm
screen and set the Internet Zone
Security slider to
• Windows XP users click Start >
Control Panel > Security Center > Windows Firewall
and temporarily disable your system firewall.
- If you are trying to update Legacy from within the program, you must first
be connected to the Internet (dialup users).
- If you are trying to update Legacy from within the program, you may need
to configure Legacy for your preferred Web browser. In Legacy, click on Options >
Customize > Launch tab and set the patch to your Web browser.
Click Here to download the full update setup directly
from our web site if the above steps to not work.
Click Here for
help with related problems.