Adding Sound and Video to Legacy
To add a stand-alone sound file, click the Sound button in the Picture Gallery and specify the drive and folder where the sound file can be found. Sound files can be attached to specific pictures or as stand-alone sound files.
Any picture can have a sound file associated with it. Sound files are files with a .WAV extension. To attach a sound file to a picture, click Sound... from the Display Picture window. The Sound Center box displays, as shown above.
Loading a Sound File
To load an existing sound file:
1. Click the Load button.
2. From the Load Sound File dialog box, select the desired file.
3. Once it is loaded, you can play the sounds by clicking the Play button.
4. Click OK to attach this sound file to the current picture.
Recording a New Sound File
To record a sound file, you must have a setup that includes a microphone and a sound board in your computer.
- To begin the recording process, click Record. You can record up to two minutes.
- When you are done, click the Stop button.
- You can play the recorded sound back by clicking the Play button.
- You can record over the existing file by clicking the Record button again.
When you are satisfied with the recording, click Save and then select the path to save the sound record.
The Sound Center window is reached by clicking the Sound... button on the Display Picture screen. (The Display Picture window is displayed by clicking the Picture button on the Picture Gallery screen which is reached by clicking the Pictures button on the Family or Pedigree Views.)
You can play a video clip by first clicking in the caption area under the video you want to see and then clicking the Play button. To load a video file:
1. Click the Video button on the Picture Gallery. The Load Video File dialog appears.
2. Make sure the correct drive and subdirectory are selected, type in the desired video file name and then clicking OK (or double-click the file name).