PO Box 9410
Surprise, AZ 85374
MyHeritage Ltd. Releases Legacy Family Tree 4.0
Surprise, AZ. March 14, 2002 -- MyHeritage Ltd. today announced the
release of Legacy Family Tree 4.0 Deluxe Edition. The new release contains
dozens of significant new features and enhancements. In addition, MyHeritage Ltd.
also released a new free standard edition at the same time. Legacy is a
popular genealogy software program that helps people preserve and research
their family history.
Legacy keeps track of names and genealogical dates, places, events, notes, sources, and pictures and presents them on screen in such an intuitive manner that you can easily see the big picture of your entire family. Legacy includes all standard genealogical reports, as well as calendars, timelines, questionnaires, research logs and a multitude of blank forms. You can even print an entire book about your family, complete with pictures.
Legacy Family Tree 4.0 Deluxe Edition includes a host of exciting, new features:
· Chronology View and Report - Displays a person and all the important events surround his/her life.
· Index View - Shows up to 15 pieces of information for each person which can be sorted and rearranged to suit the user.
· Customizable Toolbar - Choose from 40 options which toolbar buttons to include at the top of Legacy.
· Show Events on the Family View and Name List - Select specific events to be shown on the Family View and Name List.
· Alternate Names in the Name List - Displays all the variations of a person's name in the Name List.
· User ID# in the Name List - Shows your own file numbering system sorted in the Name List.
· Master Location List Sorting - Locations including leading prepositions, such as "of," are sorted with the place name.
· Location Notes - You can now add your own notes, stories and historical background to master location entries.
· Bearing and Distance Calculator - Figures the distance between any two map coordinates and the direction.
· Event Report - This new report shows individuals and the selected events.
· Event Sentences - Each event type now has its own customizable sentence structure used in reports.
· Picture Center - View lists of your pictures and people side-by-side and make assignments with the click of a button.
· Advanced Set Living - Legacy intelligently checks your family file and set the Living tag to NO for deceased individuals regardless of the lack of birth or christening or marriage information.
· User Defined Internet Search URLs - Add your favorite Internet sites for Web searches for people in your family.
· Embedded Text Formatting - Insert codes within notes and other fields to add bolding, underlining, italicizing and superscripting when printing reports and producing Web pages.
· Global Spell Checking - Spell check on any note type field.
· Ancestor Coloring Option - Show colors associated with one of four grandparents lines in certain screens and reports.
· To Do Clipboard - You can now memorize To Do items for quick playback on other individuals.
· Color Schemes - You can now define and save your own favorite color schemes for Legacy screens.
· Location and Source Verification Tags - Mark master locations and master sources with a Verified tag to indicate that you have checked them as being valid.
· More Tags - Six new tag numbers (for a total of nine) let you create more groups of individuals and marriages.
· Move Non-Sources from Master Source List to Notes - This helpful feature automatically moves non-source entries into the notes for the individuals to whom they belong.
· Move Non-Locations from Master Location List to Notes - Using this handy feature, you can quickly move non-location information from the Location List to the Notes fields where it belongs.
· Descendant Chart Format - New format option for the Descendant Chart. This is a great report format that can easily be emailed to other people.
Legacy 4.0 Deluxe Edition (with printed User's Guide and CD) retails for $34.95. Special price breaks are available for registered users of Legacy 3.0 and those who choose to download the program only (no User's Guide or CD). The standard edition of Legacy continues to be free. For exact details please visit https://LegacyFamilyTree.com.
MyHeritage Ltd., developers of powerful genealogy software, first released Legacy over two and a half years ago. Since that time it has grown to be one of the most popular programs on the market today. "Today's announcement marks a big change in the distribution of the product," said David Berdan, president of MyHeritage Ltd. "We expect a huge increase in our user base in the near future. We also have plans for many new products and features."
MyHeritage Ltd. is located in Surprise, Arizona. The company strives to provide top-quality genealogy software so people can record and track their family history. For additional information on MyHeritage Ltd. or the products they offer visit their Web site at https://LegacyFamilyTree.com.
Press Note - Details of the announcement appear on the Legacy Web site at https://LegacyFamilyTree.com
Back to Top